Thursday, March 15, 2012

On Track

Something new and exciting.

What's down the track, under the overpass, around the curve and up the hill to the next mileboard? The pent-up potential energy of the train, the expectations of those onboard, and the unending rails stretching to the horizon propel our thoughts inexorably forward. 

I'm looking down the track figuratively right now.  With a successful train show just past and sales of my first book on track, it's time to focus on what's next.  I know.  Well, I think I know.  I'm getting a few thoughts in order, and in a few days I'll be ready to say something here that's more definitive.

So, I'm almost ready to give my usual Highball!  But not quite.  That high-pitched sound in my ears is the 'pheeeeep-pheeeeep' of the air whistle before the train throttles up, leaving the station.  Or the "Closed and secure, VIA 61" in more recent radio-transmission terms.  Passengers are still finding their seats, there's baggage to be loaded, tickets to be taken and the journey continues....

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment