Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Distilling


I spent a few days last autumn on my front porch, with a cold drink at hand.  I was distilling.  Not a potent potable, rather I was distilling reading material into information to include in my next book.  Post-it notes and various other sticky office products were attached to pages.  Piles formed, boxes filled.

Now, over six months later, I've distilled that material down again. Pen scribbled, notebooks filled.

The third round of distillation will follow soon.  This will involve a computer.  Spreadsheet cells formatted, Word documents saved.

Every step of the distilling process involves inherent risks and technical details, but the product, when it is finally ready, can be powerfully sweet and intoxicating.

Highball!
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment